We have all heard that antioxidants have many health benefits, so it is not a bad idea to load up on fruits and vegetables high in antioxidants next time you hit the grocery store! Here is a breakdown of the health benefits of some of your future high antioxidant grocery items:
- Bolster your Brainpower with Blueberries- Studies have found that blueberries improve memory retention, balance, concentration and cognition
- Prevent Depression with Plums- Reduce anxiety-related emotions and behaviors
- Beans Boost your Bodies Protection- Damaged cells can potentially cause cancer but the phytochemicals found in beans can provide added cell protection
- Artichokes Keep you on your A-Game with Weight-loss- Low in calories and proven to lower cholesterol
- Reduce the numbers on the scale with Red Grapefruit- Eat a ½ grapefruit with each meal for 12 weeks and lose an average 3.5 pounds! Additionally, grapefruits have the antioxidant lycopene which protects against cancer.
- Save your memory with Cinnamon- Can inhibit the production of Alzheimer’s disease cells
- Choose Cherries- Loaded with anthocyanins, dark cherries can reduce belly fat, blood sugar and your cholesterol count.
- Fight Aging with Figs- the antioxidants in figs stay in the blood for 4 hours
- Bone Strength pays off with Prunes- we need mineral boron and vitamin K for strong bones and prunes have both.
- Reduce Wrinkles with Watermelon- sunburns are not healthy for your skin but luckily watermelon has lycopene giving 33% more UV protection over other fruits.
- Help your Heart with Dark Chocolate- increases relaxation capabilities of blood vessels by reducing platelet activation due to the high amount of flavonoids in the chocolate.
Fruits and Veggies are the way to go! Always make sure you get your daily dose of Vitamins A, C and E which are among the most effective skin-protecting antioxidants. They neutralize free radicals resulting from or generated by sunlight, pollution and smoking that can damage skin. In other words, antioxidants help protect skin from environmental damage.
Skincare Product Recommendations:
mark For Goodness Face Antioxidant Skin Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30– Skincare with super fruits and super foods. $16.00
AVON MOISTURE THERAPY A•C•E Pro-Vitamin Complex Bonus Size Body Lotion- $13.00
AVON Solutions Winter Moisturizing Mask-Vitamin A, C and E-fortified, super-hydrating replenisher. Immediately moisturizes and retexturizes skin. ONLY $6.00